Jesus Our Good Shepherd.

Jesus Our Good Shepherd.


JESUS OUR SHEPHERD?

Isaiah 40:11
Like a shepherd He will tend His flock, In His arm He will gather the lambs And carry them in His bosom; He will gently lead the nursing ewes.
Jesus says, “I am the good shepherd” (John 10:11, 14). Because the relationship of we Christians with Jesus Christ is that of sheep to a shepherd. Jesus is our shepherd; we are his flock. But what does it mean?
Christ spells out what it means for him to be our shepherd and for us to be his sheep in seven wonderful ways In John 10.

  1. Christ guards you and will keep you forever.“I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand.” (John 10:28-29) 
  2. Christ gives you eternal life.“I give them eternal life, and they will never perish…” (John 10:28)
  3. Christ called you and brought you to himself.“And I have other sheep that are not of this fold. I must bring them also, and they will listen to my voice.” (John 10:16)
  4. Christ owns you and will never abandon you.“I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me…My sheep hear my voice…(John 10:14, 27)
  5. Christ gave himself for you.“I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.…I lay down my life for the sheep.” (John 10:11, 15)
  6. Christ knows you completely.“I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me, just as the Father knows me and I know the Father…” (10:14-15)
  7. Christ has received you as a gift from the Father.“My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand.” (John 10:29)

Jesus is the good shepherd to His believers just as the shepherds were of their livestock. A shepherd tended his flock day and night. He would gather the sheep into a sheepfold at night for their protection. The sheepfold was a pen, a cave, or an area backed by stone walls. Since there were no doors, the shepherd would often sleep or sit in the opening, ready to guard his sheep from harm.
Jesus the good shepherd - The Purpose
Jesus the good shepherd’s purpose is to give life and protect from destruction. You may be asking yourself why Jesus needed to give His life for our protection. We all have sinned! By our sin, we are lost to the eternal life God has for us. We will not enter heaven if we don’t accept Jesus the good shepherd. Jesus’ blood was shed as payment for our sins. But He was resurrected; He lives as our shepherd today!

Search Results

FeaturedAbout Us

Web result


Previous Post
Next Post

post written by:

0 Comments: